We love making these ghost cookies every Halloween, the kids enjoy cutting them out and decorating them with the icing!
- 175g Soft Butter
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350g self raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar together, then beat in eggs
- In a separate bowl mix flour, almonds and salt and gradually add to wet mix.
- Turn out onto a sheet of cling film and wrap up and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a board and take half the dough mix and roll out thinly. Using a knife, make ghost shapes and also cut out a mouth. Use raisins for eyes.
- You can also make other shapes easily such as witches hats, or even pumpkins! Or if you have cookie cutters even better!
- Place on greasepoof paper and bake for 10-15 minutes in 180degreeC oven until lightly golden.
- Cool on a rack.
- You can keep the remainder of the uncooked dough very well in the fridge for a number of days, or you can make tonnes of biscuits in one go!
- When fully cooled, mix some icing sugar with a tiny bit of water and cover and leave to set.
Related : Lots more recipe ideas in 10 Spookily Easy Halloween Recipes
Did you try this recipe?Share your thoughts in the comments box below