This way of cooking your sausages on the BBQ is always a hit with the kids in our house because the honey adds a sticky sweetness to them. You don't need a BBQ to cook your sossies this way either. This works perfectly well in the oven too, and is a great coating for cocktail sausages for parties.
- 454g/1lb of sausages
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 50g Sesame Seeds
- 1 large pot of water with a lid
- 1 colander
- Simmer your sausages in the large pot of water for 15 minutes.
- Strain into the colander.
- Empty all the water away from the pot and while it is still warm spoon in the honey & sesame seeds.
- Return the sausages to the pot, place the lid on the pot.
- Shake the pot gently so that each of the sausages gets coated with the honey. The heat from the pot will liquify the honey and make it runny. The honey will help the sesame seeds to stick to the sausages.
- Grill the sausages on the BBQ until golden. Remember there is no need to chargrill them as they are already cooked through.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter