These jam tarts hearts are really easy to do and quick to put together. It’s amazing how you forget that good old jam is sooo tasty! Ideal for fun cooking with children too.
- 100g sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon Goodalls vanilla extract
- 135g plain flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 heart cookie cutters of different sizes
- Raspberry Jam to decorate
Early in the Day or the Day before:
- In a large bowl cream the butter and the sugar. Add the eggs, extract, and milk.
- In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients with a wire whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Mix with mixer until well combined.
- With hands, shape dough into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
When Ready to Cook
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Roll half or 1/3 dough at a time, keep the rest refrigerated.
- For crisp cookies, roll dough, paper thin. For softer cookies, roll 1/8” to 1/4″ thick.
- With floured cookie cutter, cut into shapes. Re-roll trimmings and cut. Once you have made several of the large heart cookies them make another batch and using the smaller heart cookie cutter cut a heart shape in the middle to create your window for the jam later.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until very light brown. With a spatula, remove cookies to racks; cool…
- When the cookies are cool you can spread approximately a teaspoon of jam on the middle of the full heart cookies and place the window on top. Press down firmly and repeat until all your sweethearts are made.
This recipe is courtesy of Umnumnum.ie in Cork.
You might also enjoy No-Bake Kitchen Sink Refrigerator Cake & Fall in Love with these 7 Valentines Crafts for Kids
Please let us know how you got on with this recipe and maybe you can share similar ones with us.