Kids love to get dipping, so if you’re on the hunt for a healthy snack to tuck into, this pea and mint dip is a winner. Using frozen peas means that it’s quick, easy and budget-friendly, plus it makes a tasty change from the usual options.
Breadsticks, chopped vegetables, crackers, toasted pitta triangles, or tortilla chips will all work for that all-important scooping!
Derval O’Rourke’s Pea and Mint Dip
Green Isle has teamed up with ambassador Derval O’Rourke and put together a range of summer inspired recipes that are full of goodness for all the family to enjoy – including the little ones!
Serves 4 as a snack
- ½ bag of Green Isle frozen peas
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Cook peas in salted boiling water until tender, 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse peas in a food processor with mint, lemon zest and juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and tahini.
- Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil. Serve with veggie batons and crackers.