Continuing our series of Free-From Recipes, this delicious Pear & Almond Pudding recipe is gluten free.
- 50g softened butter
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 100g fine rolled oats (Ready Brek is perfect, however if you want to be gluten free pulse 100g regular oats in a food processor until milled to at least half the size)
- 50ml perry
- 30g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 200ml Perry
- 2 Pears
- Weighing Scales
- Stand Mixer
- Large Spoon
- 5 Individual Pudding Dishes (greased) OR 5 Greaseproof Muffin Cases
- Baking Tray
- Small Heavy Saucepan
- Vegetable Peeler
- Heatproof Spatula
- Preheat your (fan) oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
- Beat the butter, sugar and almonds together until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the egg and beat the mixture again until it’s combined.
- Weigh out the oats into the bowl and mix again. The pudding batter will become very stiff.
- Finally pour the perry into the bowl and beat well. The mixture will go from being very split to being loose.
- Fill the 5 pudding tins or the muffin cases and place onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes – you will need the longer time due to the almonds and oats in the mixture.
- The puddings will turn golden brown on top. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Pour the perry, golden syrup and muscovado sugar into the saucepan and bring to a fast rolling simmer.
- Reduce in volume by half.
- Peel and slice 2 pears into chunks.
- Once the liquid has reduced to half, turn the heat off and stir the pear pieces into the sauce.
- Serve the puddings with the warm syrup poured on top.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter