Apologies in advance if you are looking for an authentic Carbonara Recipe! The one below is my Quick Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe or as my kids call it, Cheats Carbonara, as it does not use eggs and I add peas and mushrooms along with the bacon.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube & Pinterest.
- 6 Slices of thick bacon / rashers or 200g pancetta
- 200g mushrooms ( I use button or chesnut)
- 20 ml double cream
- Handful frozen peas
- Spaghetti (for 4)
- Grated Parmesan
- Black Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Cook Spaghetti according to instructions
- Chop the bacon / pancetta into small pieces
- Slice the mushrooms
- Add oil to a frying pan and cook the meat and mushrooms together until both are cooked through
- Add the cream and a handful of frozen peas and bring to the boil then turn off the heat.
- Grind black pepper over the mix, if you wish.
- Drain the spaghetti and then toss in with the mushrooms, bacon and cream.
Serve in bowls with grated parmesan cheese.
Do you have a good cheats recipe for a traditional dish? Please share in the comments box below