This might seem like a blast from the past but this kedgeree is a great way to have a wonderful wholesome meal for the entire family and ready in about 20 minutes! Here’s how to make a Quick and Simple Smoked Haddock Kedgeree Recipe
Sign up for our free monthly newsletters. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Instagram,Youtube & Pinterest.
- Fish stock
- Lemon and pepper seasoning
- 300g smoked haddock, skinned
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 25g butter
- small bunch coriander (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Bring 250ml of water to the boil in a suacepan, add the fish stock and mix well. Once mixed, turn the heat off.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy based pan (make sure it’s oven proof) and fry the kedgeree spice blend for just 30 seconds. Stir in the rice and peas. Add the fish stock, bring to a simmer, then lay the fish on top, gently submerging it under the surface. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 3 minutes without removing the lid.
- Take off the lid, add the lemon and pepper seasoning, spring onion, butter and eggs. Gently flake the fish and mix everything together well.
- Serve with the optional coriander sprinkled on top.
Recommended Reading: Buried Treasure Fish Pie
Over to you now. Have you made this Smoked Haddock Kedgeree Recipe? Tell us how you got on in the comments below