Looking for a spicy potato recipe to use up leftovers? Try this recipe for Spice Crusted Potatoes that the whole family will love!
This is a great way to use up leftover potatoes from the night before and easy to scale up and down depending on how many people you’re feeding. If you’re a vegan/vegetarian then this recipe is perfect on its own. If you fancy something a little extra though, top the dish with a poached egg.
- 6 cold cooked baby potatoes (or 2 large cooked waxy potatoes), cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- Pinch each of dried cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, garlic, white pepper and salt
- Handful of green beans with the tails chopped off
- 2 scallions (spring onions), finely chopped
- Wedge of lemon
- Preheat a (fan) oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a small baking tray.
- Put the potatoes and the sunflower oil in a large bowl and ensure that the potatoes have a thin coating of oil. Sprinkle the dried spices on top and stir well to make sure that they get a dry crust coating. Pour the potatoes onto a baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes. Remember they are already cooked, so all you’re trying to do is to cook off the crust and warm them through.
- Rinse off your bowl and fill it with hot boiling water. Plunge the green beans into the water for 5 minutes before removing and rinsing with cold water then slicing into chunks.
- Once the potatoes have a crisp spice coating, remove them from the oven and allow to cool a little before mixing with the green beans and scallions. Use a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to dress the warm salad.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below
Did you like this article? Sign up for our free newsletter (be sure to tick Food!) and join us on facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and enjoy our Favourite Recipes Board on Pinterest