Your child has made a card, they’ve bought or made a gift, now how about a sweet treat for Dad? Here’s a delicious recipe from Marks & Spencer for Strawberry and Coconut Fathers Day Cupcakes. After all, they say the best way to a man’s heart is through his tummy!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Strawberry and coconut is a fresh, summery flavour combo and perfect for a family celebration.
Whip up a batch of these delicious Father’s Day cupcakes for Dad – we’re pretty sure he’ll let everyone share!
You May Also Enjoy 15 Homemade Father’s Day Gifts Your Child Will Love To Make
Strawberry and Coconut Fathers Day Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 225g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the frosting:
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 40ml coconut cream
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 strawberries, to decorate
- 2-4 tsp desiccated coconut or coconut shavings (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line 2 x 6-hole muffin trays with paper cases.
- Using the back of a fork, break up the strawberries to a rough consistency, leaving some small chunks intact.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until very light and creamy.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl, then add the beaten eggs, a third at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold this into the wet ingredients, a third at a time, then gently fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add half the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Repeat with the remaining icing sugar, then add the coconut cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat well until light and fluffy.
- To ice the cooled cupcakes, apply the frosting using a piping bag and nozzle, or with a palette knife or spoon.
- Top each cupcake with half a strawberry and some coconut (optional).
You May Also Enjoy Make Your Own Upside Down Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Have your say! Did you try these Fathers Day cupcakes? What’s your favourite cupcake flavour combo? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!