In our series of Tried and Tested Recipes, find out how mum Jill got on with trying out this Sausage Pasta Recipe passed to her by a friend:
How did you get on cooking it?
The recipe was very easy to follow. Just needed to be careful when frying the onions and apples not to have too high a heat.
What the family thought of it
Clean plates all round.
Would you make it again?
Yes. This made enough sauce and pasta for 2 extra lunch portions next day.
Marks out of 5
5 out of 5
- Sausages 1-3 per person depending on child or adult portions
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half, then sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 can butter beans
- 500g Pasta
1. Gently fry sausages until browned in a large saucepan. You may need to add a little butter to prevent sticking and help browning.
2. Remove browned sausages from the pan cover to keep warm. Gently fry onions and apples with a mixed herbs until softened, do not brown.
3. Return sausages to the pan add tomatoes and butter beans. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Cook pasta.
5. To serve put drained pasta in warmed serving dish and pour sausages and sauce over.
Tips from Jill’s friend: I don’t slice the sausages, they tend to break up a little in cooking but nice to have them bite site when you serve.
It will hold and reheat well, so I find it useful if kids are eating different times due to activities I can just cook a fresh batch of pasta and reheat the sauce.
Have you had a go at cooking this Sausage Pasta Recipe? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.