There are few things tastier than hot chips, freshly cooked, with salt and vinegar….yum! Making your own is not difficult, and this oven baked chips recipe will convert even the biggest chip shop fan!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
One of my biggest weaknesses is a bag of chips from the chipper, soaked through with vinegar and a scattering of salt.
Crisp and golden on the outside, fluffy on the inside, this oven baked chips recipe will give you tasty chips at home that are healthier, cheaper and so much more delicious!
These are also great for weaning babies – they are easy to hold, soft enough to chomp and a great way to introduce some new flavours.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Quick & Tasty Potato Recipes for Family Picnics or BBQs
Oven Baked Chips Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes per person (I always use Roosters for mine, but Maris Pipers work just as well)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil per person
- 2-3 tsp turmeric
- 2-3 tsp Nigella seeds
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Peel and slice your chips. Rinse them off in cold water then pat dry with some kitchen towel.
- Into a large bowl, put the chips, oil per person, turmeric and seeds. Stir well until every chip is coated then pour onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
This recipe, and more, is available on Wholesome Ireland
You May Also Enjoy 7 Quick & Easy Potato Recipes for Family Meals
Have your say! Do you make your own chips? Have you tried this oven baked chips recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!