We tried this recipe for banoffee pie recently and I have to say it was really so easy to make and scrumptious. If you’re looking for a new family favourite or a dessert to impress, you definitely need to try this ‘cheat’ version of banoffee pie – it’s super simple!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The combination of bananas and caramel is a match made in dessert heaven. But if you’re looking for a recipe for easy banoffee pie then this is the one for you – it’s fuss-free, simple to make and absolutely delicious.
You May Also Enjoy This Summer Berry Roulade is Deliciously Easy
Banoffee Pie Recipe
Serves 8 people
- 300g / 11oz gingernut biscuits (you could use digestive biscuits instead)
- 100g / 3.5oz butter
- 397g can of caramel (NB not normal condensed milk but the caramel version)
- 300ml / 10 fl oz double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 bananas
- 100g / 3.5oz chocolate or 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Crush the biscuits using a food processor or put them in a bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuits. Press firmly into a pie tin or dish using the back of a spoon to create your base. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the caramel onto your biscuit base and smooth it. Chill for an hour or until you are ready to serve.
- Whip the cream with the vanilla and icing sugar until you have soft peaks. Slice the bananas.
- Top the caramel layer with bananas, then the whipped cream. Decorate with grated chocolate (or use a vegetable peeler to get chocolate curls) or, if you use cocoa powder, sift it over the top of the cream.
Top tip: If you want to keep your banana slices from going brown you can squeeze some lemon juice over them as well.
You May Also Enjoy Easy Banana Cake With Chocolate Chips
Have your say! Would this recipe for banoffee pie be a hit in your house? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!