A vegan family member made this cake for us and it was so delicious I begged for the recipe. It’s so easy to make and uses up those mushy bananas too. Here’s the recipe for Easy Banana Cake with Chocolate Chips. Guaranteed that the smell will make your mouth water as it comes out the oven!
- 1 3/4 cups / 415g whole-wheat pastry flour or unbleached flour
- 1 cup / 225g cane sugar (I use soft brown sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup / 110g sunflower oil
- 2 overripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup / 175ml milk (soy if making vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup / 175g chocolate chips (dark if making vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C / Gas Mark 4
- Spray a 9-inch square or round baking tin with baking spray or you can grease and line your tin with baking paper
- With a fork stir together the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, salt – in a bowl.
- Add the oil and stir with a spoon until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add bananas, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake in the centre of your oven for 35-40 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool although it is hard to resist the smell of this cake!
- You can dust with icing sugar or serve with cream or ice cream.
Over to you now. Did you try this cake? Tell us what you thought in the comments below!