Are you looking for a delicious nutritious breakfast? Why not try making your own homemade granola? Here’s a recipe for homemade granola from Catherine Fulvio that will take you less than 30 minutes to rustle up:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
From the day I took the reins at our farmhouse B&B I started to make granola. It’s so tasty and versatile. Layering homemade granola between thick natural yoghurt and sliced strawberries, or any berries of your choice, in pretty glasses for breakfast or brunch is not only delicious but looks gorgeous.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 350g porridge oats
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- To prepare the granola, mix the oil and honey in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except the coconut, raisins and cranberries, and mix well.
- Pour this mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, stirring from time to time to help brown evenly.
- Mix in the coconut, raisins and cranberries and bake for a further 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it, as it can quickly burn around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before spooning into a storage jar.
Recommended reading: Easy Homemade Granola Recipe
Catherine Fulvio, owner of Ballyknocken House & Cookery School, is one of Ireland’s most celebrated female chefs. With her effervescent charm and personality, she is both entertaining and informative. Born and raised on a working farm, Catherine has an inherent knowledge and understanding of food and cherishes the land and its produce. She is an ardent supporter of fresh local produce and her Irish blood and her Italian heart is a winning combination.
Over to you now. Did you try Catherine Fulvio’s Homemade Granola Recipe? What did you think? Tell us in the comments below.