This homemade Granola recipe is easy to make and will keep in a jar for up to 2 weeks. It makes a great healthy alternative to shop bought cereals, and the whole family will love it. Perfect for quick and healthy breakfasts or snacks.
This amount serves 10. Granola will keep for up to two weeks if stored in a screwtop or kiln jar.
- 6 floz honey
- 4 fl oz sunflower oil
- 8oz oat flakes
- 3 oz barley flakes
- 3 oz wheat flakes
- 3 oz raisins or sultanas
- 2 oz hazelnuts or flaked almonds
- 2 ¾ oz wheatgerm and/or millet flakes
- Dried fruit eg. Apricots, cranberries, blueberries, pineapple, coconut etc.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Mix the oil and honey together in a saucepan and heat just enough to melt the honey. Mix well into the mixed flakes and nuts. Then spread thinly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning frequently, making sure the edges don’t burn. It should be golden and toasted.
- Once cooled, mix in the raisins and sultanas, whichever dried fruit you’re using and wheatgerm. Serve with milk, yoghurt, honey, fresh fruit or a fruit compote.
Food writer Judy Kavanagh
You might also like 10 Quick & healthy breakfast ideas that aren’t Porridge & No Cook Oat Pots.
Tried this recipe? Let us know how you got on in comments below.