Quiche always seems much more complicated than it actually is. In fact, it makes a great family meal that uses up whatever’s in the fridge and is just as tasty the next day for lunch. We promise this Cheddar and bacon quiche is simple and very satisfying!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Readymade pastry is one of those things I always have in the freezer, and as long as you have eggs you can whip up a quiche using whatever is in the fridge. Bacon and cheddar are classic flavours, but you could use some leftover vegetables, ham, spring onion, spinach, feta and many other tasty combinations!
You May Also Enjoy Try This Neapolitan Pizza Recipe For Your Next Family Pizza Night
Cheddar and Bacon Quiche Recipe
- Shortcrust pastry (homemade or shop-bought)
- Olive oil
- 6 bacon rashers
- 4 large eggs
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Splash of milk
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the pastry and place it in your pie dish. Use a fork to pierce holes all around the base, then blind bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and no longer raw.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the bacon. Remove from the pan, chop and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cheese, milk, and plenty of seasoning. Add the bacon and the cherry tomatoes (if using), then pour into the prepared pastry base.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until the filling is set and golden.
You May Also Enjoy This Tasty Tomato and Bacon Pasta Is Ready In Under 30 Mins
Have you tried our cheddar and bacon quiche yet? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!