This recipe for Chicken with a Creamy Pesto Sauce from ILoveCooking dresses up a chicken dinner with little fuss! Tender chicken breasts and juicy plum tomatoes with a creamy yet light pesto flavoured sauce is an easy dinner any night of the week. Serve with a side of rice, orzo pasta, or even cauliflower rice.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 200g / 7oz small vine or cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- Fresh basil
- Grated parmesan, optional
- Heat a large pan or shallow pot on medium high heat. Add the olive oil then arrange the chicken in the pan. Leave pieces to cook without moving until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn each piece over, season with salt and pepper, then cover pot with a lid and lower heat slightly. Leave to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cut tomatoes in half and mix the pesto into the tub of crème fraîche.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove the lid and add the tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes start to soften slightly. Then add the crème fraîche mixture and cook for further 5 minutes, turning the chicken pieces in the sauce to coat each one.
- Once cooked, garnish with fresh basil leaves, and if using, sprinkle with parmesan. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Over to you now. Have you tried this recipe for Chicken with Creamy Pesto Sauce? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.