I have just rediscovered the delight that is a homemade Swiss roll! It’s easy to make and perfect for a family dessert or unexpected visitors, as it is ready in under an hour.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
I loved Swiss Roll as a child and I always thought it was a tricky recipe to master so never tried. I’ve recently discovered that it’s actually really easy to make and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients either.
You May Also Enjoy This Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe Is Perfect To Lift The Spirits
Homemade Swiss Roll Recipe
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3oz caster sugar
- 3oz self raising flour
- Whipped cream
- Berries or jam or icing
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 375F and line a Swiss roll tin roughly 9×13 inches.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale.
- Fold the flour and egg yolk mix carefully into the egg whites, then pour onto the tin.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, until firm to the touch. Turn out while warm onto a sheet of baking parchment dusted with caster sugar. Roll tightly in the parchment and leave to cool (this will prevent it cracking).
- Once cooled, unroll and spread with whipped cream and chopped berries, simple jam or a butter icing. Roll back up and serve.
You May Also Enjoy Quick and Easy Oaty Banana Bread Buns
Have you ever made a homemade Swiss roll? What’s your favourite filling? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!