Are you bored cooking the same family dinners over and over? It is easy to get stuck in a rut with family dinners. But help is at hand – Michelle & I have taken to Instagram for our monthly family dinner challenge where we are both given the same 4 or 5 basic ingredients and we have to create a wonderful family dinner which is then voted on by you! This month it was minced beef, an onion, tomatoes and garlic. Here’s my Cheesy Beef Pasta Bake recipe:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
I kept this recipe quite plain to suit the kids’ tastes but you could add chilli to your sauce or even herbs if you like a herby taste.
This recipe serves 4
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 500g minced beef
- 250g tomatoes
- 1 tblsp Worcester Sauce
- 1 beef stock cube made into 500ml of stock
- 1 tblsp tomato paste
- 250g pasta – I used elbow macaroni
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g grated cheese – I used mozzarella
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in your frying pan.
- Crush your garlic and chop your onion.
- Fry your onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add your minced beef and brown it off. This usually takes me about 10 minutes stirring regularly.
- Add Worcester sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes and stir in and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the beef stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Cook your macaroni – I cook it for 2 minutes less than the packet instructs so it’s not overcooked.
- Drain your pasta and add to your sauce and mix together before pouring into your casserole dish.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and grated cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
I served mine with a green salad on the side. The family loved this recipe and I’ll definitely be making it again.
You May Also Enjoy Reading – 8 Proven Family Dinner Ideas Your Picky Eaters will Love & 9 Simple Pasta Recipes for Kids to Prepare In No Time
Over to you now. Have you tried my cheesy beef baked pasta recipe? Please share your thoughts, additions or improvements with us in the comments box below.