It can be difficult to provide healthy, on-the-go nutrition for kids and adults. These healthy oat bars are easy to make and can be adapted to suit your nutritional needs. This recipe comes courtesy of a swim Mum, who fed 44 hungry swimmers with them last weekend! Read on to find out how to create your own Healthy Oat Bars for On-the-Go Nutrition that leaves everyone feeling fuller for longer.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
- 8ozs / 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4ozs / ½ cup brown sugar
- 13ozs / 1¾ cups oats
- 3ozs / ¾ cup plain flour
- Heat oven to 160C / 325F / Gas 3.
- Melt the butter together with the golden syrup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the butter mix and stir well.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- The bars will still be soft when they come out of the oven. Cut them into bar shapes and allow to cool. They will harden as they cool.
You can add other ingredients to these healthy oat bars including:
- Any kind of seeds or nuts
- Replace some of the butter with peanut butter for added protein
- Replace some of the flour with cacao powder to give your healthy oat bars a chocolate taste
- Add dried or fresh fruit or berries and reduce the sugar
- Replace the golden syrup with honey, Agave, Fruit or Maple Syrup
- Bake for longer to make the bars more crisp
Have you tried these healthy oat bars? Please let us know in the comments box below.