It can be difficult to provide healthy, on-the-go nutrition for kids and adults. These healthy oat bars are easy to make and can be adapted to suit your nutritional needs.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
This recipe comes courtesy of a swim mum, who fed 44 hungry swimmers with them recently! Read on to find out how to create your own healthy oat bars that leaves everyone feeling fuller for longer.
You May Also Enjoy Make Up a Batch of Kid-Friendly Protein Energy Bites for Hungry Tummies!
Healthy Oat Bar Recipe
- 8oz butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 4oz brown sugar
- 13oz oats
- 3oz plain flour
- Optional additions (see below)
- Heat oven to 160C / 325F / Gas 3.
- Melt the butter together with the golden syrup.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the butter mix and stir well.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- The bars will still be soft when they come out of the oven. Cut them into bar shapes and allow to cool. They will harden as they cool.
Oat Bar Additions
You can add other ingredients to these healthy oat bars including:
- Any kind of seeds or nuts
- Replace some of the butter with peanut butter for added protein
- Replace some of the flour with cacao powder to give your healthy oat bars a chocolate taste
- Add dried or fresh fruit or berries and reduce the sugar
- Replace the golden syrup with honey, Agave, Fruit or Maple Syrup
- Bake for longer to make the bars more crisp
You May Also Enjoy Superfood Flapjack Recipe to Make (and Munch!) with the Kids