This fun recipe for how to create homemade ice cream in 15 minutes without using an ice cream machine is super easy and will wow kids of all ages. You only need a few ingredients and a pair of gloves. Read on to find out more.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
You can have great fun with this ice cream recipe by experimenting with different flavours to add to your ice cream. When we did our live version, one Mum suggested adding crumbled cookies to the mix. And on our practice run we added raspberries in with the cream mixture so it turned it pink and tasted great.
So get the kids to put on an apron or a lab coat with a pair of wooly gloves and get shaking!
Ingredients for your ice cream
- 4 fl oz Whipping cream
- 4 fl oz Milk (low fat)
- For USA use 8 fl oz half and half
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons (half a cup) icing/powdered sugar
- half a cup rock salt/kosher salt
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- 3 sealable bags (1 large, 1 medium, 1 small)
- Mix cream and milk (or half and half) with vanilla essence and sugar and stir well.
- Add to the small sealable bag.
- Seal well and place this bag inside the medium bag and seal this too.
- Add salt and ice to the large bag and place the cream mixture into it and seal.
- Shake for 10 to 15 minutes. (You may need gloves for this part)
- Check after this time to see if the cream has formed into ice cream. Keep shaking if you need to for another 5 minutes.
- Eat straight from the bag or place in a bowl and add your favourite toppings.