This really is the ultimate Easter treat: Cadbury’s Creme Eggs combined with chocolate brownies. We defy you to just eat one! Here’s how to make creme egg brownies:
- 185g / 6.5oz unsalted butter
- 185g / 6.5oz best dark chocolate
- 85g / 3 oz plain flour
- 40g / 1.5oz cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g / 9.5oz golden caster sugar
- 6 Cadbury’s Creme eggs cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 160C / 320F and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in the microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.
- Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in the golden caster sugar. Whisk the eggs and sugar with an eelctric mixer on maximum speed until they look thick and creamy, like a milkshake. This can take 3-8 minutes. You will know it’s ready when the mixture becomes really pale and about double its original volume.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse mixture and then gently fold together.
- Sieve the cocoa and flour over the eggy chocolate mixture and gently fold in.
- Pour the mix into your baking tin and cook for 15 minutes then take out of the oven and gently press the creme egg halves into your brownies, spacing them apart evenly. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares and enjoying!
Over to you now! Have you made creme egg brownies? Tell us in the comments below.