This delicious recipe for French pork chops is simple enough for a midweek meal, but impressive enough for guests too!
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
I found this pork chops recipe years ago in The French Kitchen by Joanne Harris and Fran Warde (unfortunately, out of print now) and have been making it regularly ever since.
Even though there’s mustard and wine in this recipe, don’t let it put you off serving to the kids as the flavours cook off nicely in the sauce, and the butter helps give to give the sauce a really nice sheen.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe for a New Family Favourite
French Pork Chops with Mustard
- 4-6 pork chops (depending on appetites and size of chops)
- 75g butter
- 2 onions
- Half a clove of crushed garlic
- 100ml white wine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 50g small gherkins
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan, sprinkle your pork chops with salt and fry the chops over a medium heat for 12 minutes on one side, then 12 minutes on the other side. The chops should be golden brown by the end of cooking.
- While the chops are cooking, dice your onions and gherkins.
- Set the pork chops aside and then add the onions and garlic to the pan, saute over a gentle heat – you don’t want to brown them but they will look brown from the butter and chops.
- Once the onions are softened, add the white wine, increase the heat until the wine has reduced by half.
- Turn down the heat and add the mustard and remaining butter and mix in. Finally stir in the gherkins and add your pork chops back in to warm through.
I usually serve this with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Verdict: The family loves this dish and it’s very easy and quick to make.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Mexican Tortilla Bake For A Yummy Family Dinner
Have your say! Have you tried this recipe for French pork chops with mustard? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!