Are you looking for party food ideas? These Lemon Buns with Lemon Butter Icing are ideal, easy party food.
Kids love little buns at parties and these lemon ones go down particularly well, with the delicious lemony icing. I bought lots of different and unusual colours from online cookshop Cakes, Cookies & Crafts, who deliver to Ireland e.g. baby blue, purple
Makes approx 12
- 100g butter chopped
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g self-raising white flour
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 210 C
- 50g butter melted
- 150g icing sugar
- Juice of half a lemon or to taste
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and whizz for 30 seconds. Clear down the sides with a spatula and whiz again until you get a smooth creamy consistency.
- Spoon into your bun cases.
- Place in very hot oven, as soon as buns start to rise reduce heat to 190 C.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in total. Or until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the melted butter and icing sugar and then add the lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon onto your cooled buns and decorate how you please.
Related : Lots more Party Food Ideas here
If you have tried this recipe let us know what you thought of it in the comments below