Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s cheesy and delicious, the ultimate dinner treat. Why not take it one step further and introduce pasta to the mix? This pasta pizza is the best of both worlds, taking the iconic pizza taste and mixing it with fresh pasta that your kids will love.
Don’t miss the chance to have your say! We’re looking for parents to get involved and give their feedback on all aspects of family life. Find out more here.
Although the thoughts of pizza might have you thinking this is a Friday night treat recipe, there’s actually some veggies and lean minced beef in this pasta-pizza dish. You’ll get to enjoy the melted cheesy goodness, but the protein and carb balance in this recipe will keep everyone full up.
You May Also Enjoy Try This Neapolitan Pizza Recipe For Your Next Family Pizza Night
Love Pizza? You have to try this Pasta Pizza
- 400g of dry small pasta (penne or similar)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 jar of tomato passata
- 60g of mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 350g of sour cream
- 150g cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Black olives halved (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to instructions.
- In a large pan, gently fry the onion then add the minced beef and brown over medium heat.
- Add the tomato passata and simmer for 15 minutes, season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F.
- Grease a large baking dish and layer as follows: half of the pasta, mozzarella slices, sour cream, half of the sauce mixture, remaining pasta, cheddar cheese and remaining sauce mixture.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and some halved black olives (if the kids like them).
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
You May Also Enjoy 9 Simple Pasta Recipes For Kids (And They’re Ready Quickly!)
Have your say! Are you going to make this pasta pizza dish? Do you think this would be popular with your kids? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!