Need to get dinner on the table for the family quickly? Need a very easy and quick recipe that you can get on the table in under half an hour? Here’s How to make a Chicken Katsu Curry Recipe in Under 30 Minutes:
I used M&S chicken goujons but you can also make your own homemade chicken goujons, it will just take a little longer for the prep time.
- 1 packet chicken goujons
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Spring onion chopped
- Preheat oven to the required temperature to bake the chicken goujons and gather your ingredients.
- Start your pan of water for your rice. You can boil a kettle to save waiting for the water to boil if you want.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes in sunflower oil over a medium heat then add the garlic and ginger and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and chilli powder and stir, frying gently for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey and chicken stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile add your rice to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend your sauce with a hand blender.
- Serve goujons with the rice and plenty of the delicious Katsu curry sauce. Sprinkle spring onion on top and enjoy.
More family dinner ideas here:
- 50 Easy Family Dinners
- 10 Go-To Family Dinner Ideas Every Parent Should Know
- 15 Tasty Ideas for Standby Easy Dinners for the Family
Over to you now. Have you tried this quick chicken katsu curry recipe? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.