It was a rainy and overcast day, so we decided to make some Chocolate Rice Krispie Buns. You’ll be amazed at how easy the classic treat recipe is and the kids had a ball making (and eating) them!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The best part of the recipe for kids is the mixing and then the eating when the buns have set. You don’t need to bake these and they are simple to throw together.
Chocolate Rice Krispie Buns
- 200g milk chocolate
- Puffed rice cereal or any other breakfast cereal – start with 200g but you might need more.
- For decorations you can use chocolate sprinkles, Hundreds & Thousands, mini marshmallows or anything else you fancy
- Melt the chocolate. We heated water in a saucepan, then placed a bowl over the simmering water. Break up the chocolate and place in the bowl until it melts. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cereal in a large bowl and add the melted chocolate to the bowl. Stir gently so you don’t crush the cereal. We just kept adding more cereal until all the chocolate was used up and all the cereal was coated.
- Scoop the mixture into cupcake cases, and then you’re ready to decorate!
- Put in the fridge until set – then enjoy.
Here are our various creations:
You Might Also Enjoy Krispie Chewies with Mini Marshmallows
Over to you now. Have you got any tips for making Chocolate Rice Krispie Buns? Tell us in the comments below.