Wondering what you should have in your store cupboard or pantry for cooking ingredients? It’s good to have some things that you can grab to rustle up a quick meal. Here’s The Essential List of Store Cupboard Essentials:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Keeping a selection of things to hand in your pantry or store cupboard means you can throw together meals quickly and easily if you need to. Here is a list of items that will see you through plenty of recipes.
DO YOU MEAL PLAN?
Learn how to create a plan with our top tips and download your FREE weekly meal planner!
List of Store Cupboard Essentials
Vinegars, Oils & Mustards and Other Condiments
- Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil and sunflower oil
- Vinegars: Red wine, white wine and balsamic
- Dijon, wholegrain and English mustard
- Soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- Sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- Canned tomatoes and tomato puree
- Canned tuna fish and anchovies
- Chicken & beef stock cubes and Marigold Swiss vegetable stock
- Chickpeas (dried or canned)
- Strong white flour (for bread and pizza dough)
- Brown sugar – demerara or muscovado
- White sugar
- Icing sugar
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Good quality chocolate and cocoa (70% Cocoa solids)
- Ground almonds
- Good quality jam and honey
You May Also Enjoy 14 Day Dinner Ideas Plan
- Black peppercorns
- Sea salt
- Dried chillies
- Mixed spice
- All spice
- Mixed herbs
Fruit & Veg
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
You May Also Enjoy 10 Super Tasty and Easy Store Cupboard Recipes
Over to you now. Anything we missed off our list that’s in your store cupboard essentials Tell us in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!