Some years ago a work colleague travelled to Norway and brought back a waffle iron. She invited me to her house to try fresh waffles and I was sold on them from that day on. My own waffle iron has been well-used. Here is my trusted Best Ever Easy Waffle Recipe that I’m sharing with you!
- 200g plain flour
- 2 dessert spoons sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 spoonful melted butter
- 300 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Icing sugar and other toppings
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. That’s it! Easy.
- Heat up your waffle iron. I like to put a little butter onto the iron before I pour my first batch of batter. NB if this is the first time you’re making them, the first batch of waffles may not come out right but persevere as you will get the hang of the iron.
- Nutella or Chocolate spread
- Sliced banana
- Sliced strawberries
- Defrosted frozen mixed berries
- Whipped cream
- Icing sugar sprinkled on top makes them look extra pretty
You might also enjoy How to Make Pancakes into Fun Shapes for Kids
Over to you now. Have you tried making homemade waffles? Tell us about it in the comments below.