National Fish Week takes place 20th – 26th February and it’s a great opportunity to support Irish fishermen, fisherwomen and local fishing communities by buying Irish haddock, whiting and hake.
Try this delicious Breaded Haddock Fajita Traybake for an easy family dinner.
Breaded Haddock Fajita Traybake
We’re always on the look out for recipes that are quick and easy to throw together but family friendly at the same time. This recipe for Breaded Haddock Fajita Traybake is super simple to throw together as well as being a great way to get the fibre into the family with brown rice and black beans.
The recipe serves 4 and takes 50 minutes.
- 4 Breaded Irish Haddock fillets (e.g. Donegal Catch)
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons natural oil
- 2 tablespoons fajita spice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 packets microwave brown rice
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- Coriander leaves, lime wedges & sour cream, to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Place the sliced peppers and red onions on a large baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle over the fajita spice mix and season with salt and pepper then toss everything together to coat.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes then remove and add the Donegal Catch Breaded Haddock fillets and place back into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Microwave the rice according to the packet instructions.
- After 20 minutes, remove the fish from the tray and set aside, then add the rice and black beans to the tray, stir everything together to coat and season again with salt and pepper.
- Replace the fish back on top and cook for a further 10 minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve scattered with coriander alongside some lime wedges and sour cream for everyone to help themselves.
Recipe courtesy of Donegal Catch, supporting Irish fishing communities, heritage and sustainability.