I love surprises and adding that special touch to a very special day. Daddy in our house loves a very specific type of chocolate (Cadbury’s Caramel). For Father’s Day this year, we are going to surprise him by hiding his favourite chocolate inside these light and cheerful Father’s Day Cupcakes!
As well as preparing a surprise for Father’s Day, this recipe also offers lots of learning opportunity and plenty of exercise for those motor muscles!
I always use this simple cupcake recipe given to me by my lovely sister as it makes perfect cupcakes every time.
Ingredients for the Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ⅓ cups of self raising flour
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ½ sticks of butter
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ⅓ cups sugar
Ingredients for the Icing
- 2oz / 55g / approx 1 stick butter
- 4oz / 110g / icing sugar
- A drop of blue food colouring (or your father’s favourite colour)