Home-baked treats make the perfect gift for Father’s Day. Dad will love this Unexpectedly Surprising and Simple cupcake recipe for Father’s Day, especially when he uncovers his favourite chocolate hiding inside!
My Toddler Cooks loves surprises and adding that special touch to a very special day. Daddy, on the other hand loves a very specific type of chocolate (Cadbury’s Caramel). For Father’s Day this year, we are going to surprise him by hiding his favourite chocolate inside these light and cheerful Father’s Day Cupcakes!
As well as preparing a surprise for Father’s Day, this recipe also offers lots of learning opportunity and plenty of exercise for those motor muscles!
I always use this simple recipe given to me by my lovely sister.
- 3 eggs
- 6oz self raising flour
- 6 oz butter
- 6 oz sugar
- Heat the oven to 180 C.
- Arrange 12 cupcake cases on a tray.
- Now to make the cupcake mixture. Mix the butter and sugar together until you have a nice soft creamy texture.
- Next, beat the egg and add a little at a time into the butter and sugar mixture using a wooden spoon. Once you notice the mixture curdling, sieve in some flour and mix. Continue to do so between the egg and flour until the mixture is complete.
- Spoon your cupcake mixture into the cases and now add a small piece of your Daddy’s favourite chocolate bar.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through (check with a skewer).
Next we make the Icing, which is best when mixed with an electric mixer.
You may also like 10 Funky Father’s Day Crafts for Kids
- 2 oz butter
- 4 oz Icing sugar
- A drop of blue food colouring (or your Father’s favourite colour)
- Mix the butter and sugar together until you get a light creamy texture.
- Add the colour you desire.
- Decorate your cupcakes once they have cooled.
Happy Father’s Day – hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you get up to!
My Toddler Cooks has lots more fun recipes to make with your kids.
Over to you! Share your fun Father’s Day recipes with us in comments below.