Home-baked treats make the perfect gift for Father’s Day. Dad will love these cupcakes for his special day, especially when he uncovers his favourite chocolate hiding inside!
Try This Simple Cupcake Recipe for a Surprise for Father’s Day
Fathers Day Cupcake Recipe
I love surprises and adding that special touch to a very special day. Daddy in our house loves a very specific type of chocolate (Cadbury’s Caramel). For Father’s Day this year, we are going to surprise him by hiding his favourite chocolate inside these light and cheerful Father’s Day Cupcakes!
As well as preparing a surprise for Father’s Day, this recipe also offers lots of learning opportunity and plenty of exercise for those motor muscles!
I always use this simple cupcake recipe given to me by my lovely sister as it makes perfect cupcakes every time.
Ingredients for the Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ⅓ cups of self raising flour
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ½ sticks of butter
- 6oz / 170g / 1 and ⅓ cups sugar
Ingredients for the Icing
- 2oz / 55g / approx 1 stick butter
- 4oz / 110g / icing sugar
- A drop of blue food colouring (or your father’s favourite colour)
- Heat the oven to 180C / 350F
- Arrange 12 cupcake cases on a tray.
- Now to make the cupcake mixture. Mix the butter and sugar together until you have a nice soft creamy texture.
- Next, beat the egg and add a little at a time into the butter and sugar mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Once you notice the mixture curdling, sieve in some flour and mix.
- Continue to do so between the egg and flour until the mixture is complete.
- Spoon your cupcake mixture into the cases and now add a small piece of your Daddy’s favourite chocolate bar.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked through (check with a skewer).
Next we make the Icing, which is best when mixed with an electric mixer.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until you get a light creamy texture.
- Add the colour you desire.
- Decorate your cupcakes once they have cooled.
- For an extra treat, add some sprinkles or a piece of fruit to each cupcake!
Happy Father’s Day – hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you get up to!