Hand in Hand Children’s Cancer Charity is a non-profit organisation affiliated with the Irish Cancer Society. The Charity provides practical support for families in Ireland affected by childhood cancer. From domestic cleaning to laundry, meals and childcare, they are there for you if you need them.
Every year over 200 children in Ireland are diagnosed with cancer.
When a family receives the news that their child has cancer, their world is turned upside down. Simple everyday tasks can become a burden as you try to keep family life as normal as possible for everyone while going through treatment and spending precious time with your sick child.
Hand in Hand is there to help by offering a range of home support services that help to reduce some of the stress and anxiety that impact the whole family.
By engaging local professional service suppliers they provide a tailor made package of care to suit each family individually. Services can be availed of during and immediately after treatment.
Hand in Hand Play Therapy Sessions
Hand in Hand have a Cancer Support Centre in Loughrea, Co. Galway. Here they have a playroom fully equipped with a play therapy tool kit and a fully qualified play therapist.
The play therapy service is available for children affected by childhood cancer, either their own diagnosis, or the diagnosis of an immediate family member. Children use play to communicate, and play therapy assists them to express and work through their feelings in sessions facilitated by a fully qualified play therapist.
For more information on how to book a session please contact Hand in Hand on 091 880 360 or email: [email protected]
How You Can Help Hand In Hand
Hand in Hand in a not for profit charity and rely on donations and help from businesses, local services and kind-hearted individuals to bring their services to the families they support.
There are many different ways you can help.
- Donate – You can make a donation online, by post or via your mobile. Visit our donations page to find out more.
- Organise a fundraising event – Have a look at our guide to organising fundraising events.
- Become a sponsor – To find out more about how your company can help make a difference to the family life of a child diagnosed with cancer see our corporate sponsorship section.
- Volunteer – If you would like to join our team of volunteers, simply fill in our Volunteer Form.
Your involvement will:
- Ensure the continued availability of services to families
- Enable families to maximise the treatment received no matter how far they live from Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin or other medical centres of excellence
- Minimise the stress everyday chores can have on families coping with childhood cancer
- Give parents, guardians, siblings and children with cancer more quality time together
- Provide financial stability and routine to families by making it easier for one parent to remain working
If your family has been affected by childhood cancer and needs support, please get in touch.