One mom’s post about her breast milk and the fact that her baby had a cold has gone viral on Facebook. Find out why The Power of Breast Milk Feeding has gone viral!
Mallory Smothers is breastfeeding her baby and the baby developed a cold. Mallory happened to be pumping breastmilk for the freezer and noticed the difference between the milk before the baby had the cold and then afterwards.
Just shows the power of the human body!
If you have been thinking about breastfeeding here are some tips:
- Don’t panic if it doesn’t work straight away but do ask for help. A breastfeeding or lactation consultant or a group can be very supportive.
- It shouldn’t hurt but some people do experience cracked nipples, pain and discomfort, this usually goes away with a bit of help from cream and compresses.
- You can freeze your breastmilk (as Mallory did) which is handy if you know you need to go away or are back at work.
- Feeding in public can be a bit daunting at first but just try to relax and stay confident.
- You will find lots of great tips on Breastfeeding here 15 Useful Breastfeeding Tips for Moms to Be
- Breastfeeding just doesn’t work out for everyone so don’t beat yourself up if you tried and it didn’t happen for you. You will still make a fantastic mother!
Over to you now. What do you think of this interesting aspect of breast milk feeding? Tell us in the comments below.