Limerick is a riverside city and we have no beaches ourselves in County Limerick, but there are some beaches near Limerick in neighbouring counties which are not far from us. Spending time at the beach on a nice sunny summer day is super fun so pack a picnic, grab the towels and suncream, and head off to these beaches for a paddle (or a swim!).
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Beaches Near Limerick to Take The Kids to
Outdoor Swimming in Limerick
The only places for swimming with lifeguard coverage in Limerick are at Glin Pier and Kilteery Pier (west of Foynes on N69), both in the lower Shannon Estuary.
Also close by is Ballycuggeran, Killaloe.
The following are some of the good beaches within striking distance of County Limerick:
Beaches in County Clare
1. Kilkee, White Strand, 10kms NE Kilkee via N67
2. Spanish Point at Milltown Malbay
3. Lahinch 26kms north west of Ennis via N85
4. Kilrush Creek Marina
5. Fanore 12 km west of Ballyvaughan via R477
You May Also Enjoy Best Outdoor Places in Clare for Families
Beaches in County Kerry
1. Derrynane, 1km west of Caherdaniel
2. Ballinskelligs, 10km west of Waterville
3. Kells, 12km north east of Cahersiveen via N70
4. Rossbeigh near Glenbeigh
5. Inch, 24km east of Dingle via N86 and R561
6. Ventry, 6km west of Dingle via R559
7. Maherabeg near Castlegregory
8. Banna, 15km north west of Tralee on R551
9. Ballyheigue, 19km north west of Tralee via R551
10. Ballybunion, 15km north west of Listowel via R553
Beaches in County Cork
1. Youghal – Front Strand and Claycastle
2. Garryvoe, 6km south of Castlemartyr R632
3. Garrylucas at Old Head of Kinsale
4. Inchydoney, 6km south of Clonakilty
5. Owenahincha, 8km south easth of Roscarbery
6. The Warren
7. Tragumna at Skibbereen
8. Barley Cove, 5km west of Crookhaven
9. Kinsale Yacht Club
You May Also Enjoy Best Beaches in Cork
Have fun at the beach but stay sunsafe!
Have your say! Do you have any favourite beaches near Limerick that you take the family to? Tell us about it in the comments below.