Are you parent to a toddler? Finding things to do with young children can be tough going, especially if you’re new to an area or it’s your first child! So we have put together some suggestions of Things To Do With Preschoolers in Roscommon.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The great thing about having a toddler and not being tied to school times is you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with preschoolers in Roscommon, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Roscommon
Soft Play Centres in Roscommon
Upsie Daisies at Roscommon Leisure Zone has separate baby and toddler play areas.
Visit Roscommon Libraries
The junior section of the Library is a great way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books. Your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Sligo With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Roscommon
Go swimming! Roscommon Leisure Centre has a pool and offers Baby Swim classes while Castlerea Outdoor Swimming Pool has a smaller heated pool for toddlers.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a great way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents! Weekend groups are also becoming more popular for parents who work full time.
Playgrounds in Roscommon
Visit the playground! Here are playgrounds in Roscommon. Most playgrounds around Roscommon have swings and slides as well as play frames for toddlers. It’s also a perfect way for you to get our for some fresh air and hopefully meet other parents with young kids. All the running usually tires them out so they’ll be ready for a nap when you get home.
You Might Also Enjoy The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Attractions in Roscommon
If you have a free day mid week then a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some places to visit in Roscommon with preschoolers:
- Lough Key Forest & Activity Park near Boyle has a lovely playground which smallies will love called the Adventure Play Kingdom full of stimulating and entertaining activities and equipment for children. Enjoy walks around the Park and check for family events before you visit.
- Strokestown Park at Strokestown, Co. Roscommon has wonderful parklands to run about and fly a kite in, as well as lovely gardens with lily pond, Victorian rose garden, and more. They run regular family events too so check before you visit.
- Graune Pet Farm at Cloonfad has a wide range of animals to view as well as an indoor play centre.
- Tullyboy Farm is a family run real working visitor farm on the Roscommon and Leitrim border between Boyle and Carrick on Shannon. Enjoy their playground as well as lots of animals to get up close to, hand feed and cuddle.
- At Glendeer Pet Farm kids can hold the baby animals such as puppies and chicks. They can also feed animals as well as getting to see more exotic animals up close like monkeys, wallabies, parrots and Honey the raccoon. There are also outdoor or indoor playgrounds, as well as fairy trail, sand barn and soft play area for the smaller kids.
Events for Preschoolers in Roscommon
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in Roscommon.
You Might Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Go For A Toddle
You could enjoy a Family Walk in Roscommon. Preschoolers love running around and exploring on a walk.
You might also enjoy reading some ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.
If you have other suggestions for fun things to do with preschoolers in Roscommon, we would love to hear from you in the comments box below.