Are you parent to a toddler? Whether you live in Louth or are just visiting teh county, finding things to do with children before they start school can be difficult, or if you are new to an area. So we have put together some suggestions of Things To Do With Preschoolers in Louth.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The handy thing about having a toddler and not being tied to school times is you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with preschoolers in Louth, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Louth
Soft Play Centres in Louth
Many play centres have dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy!
- Pirates Den in Dundalk has a dedicated baby area for 0-2 years.
- My Little Play Home in Drogheda is specially designed for under 5s.
- Drogheda Leisure Park has a small soft play area and sensory room.
- Funtasia in Drogheda has its very own toddler space for softer play with a surprise submarine and slide, while Funtasia in Bettystown has a separate toddler’s area for tiny tots.
Storytime in Louth Libraries
Visit one of the many great libraries around Louth. Some of the Louth libraries have storytimes and other family friendly events, so check their upcoming events here.
The junior section of the Library is a great way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books, also your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Louth With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Louth
Go swimming! There are many swimming pools across Louth that have dedicated times for Parent and Toddler swims and/or specific swimming areas for smaller children.
- Aura Dundalk and Aura Drogheda have training pools.
- Funtasia in Drogheda has Toddler Splash.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Gymboree runs toddler music and other fun play classes for preschoolers in Dundalk.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a great way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents! Weekend groups are also becoming more popular for parents who work full time.
Playgrounds in Louth
Visit the playground! Many playgrounds have special toddler spaces and equipment. Here are some playgrounds to head to:
- Blackrock Community Park
- St Helena’s Park in Dundalk
- St Dominic’s Park in Drogheda, and
- Lordship Playground at Rampark.
You Might Also Enjoy The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Attractions in Louth
If you have a free day mid week then a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some places to visit in Louth with preschoolers:
- Stephenstown Pond Nature Park is nice for an afternoon out and is an ideal venue for picnics. You can feed the ducks and swans, and have a play at the playground on site.
- Carlingford is a wonderful village to visit. Young kids will enjoy the long pier and if they have the energy, they might also exploring the ruined castle on the hill overlooking the lough, while the village also has a good playground.
- Ravensdale Forest, 8km north of Dundalk, has a picnic area and 3 marked trails in the forest: the Tain Trail, the Ring of Gullion, and the short but interesting Ravensdale Loop.
You Might Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Events for Preschoolers in Louth
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in Louth.
You might also enjoy reading some ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.
Head Out For A Walk (Well a Toddle)
You could get out and about for a walk. Check out our Best Outdoor Spots for Families in Louth and Family Walks in Louth for inspiration.
If you have other suggestions for fun things to do with preschoolers in Louth, we would love to hear from you in the comments box below.