Welcome to parents of toddlers! Finding things to do with children before they start school can be difficult, or if you are new to an area. So we have put together some suggestions of Things To Do With Preschoolers in Offaly.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The nice thing about when you have a toddler and are not tied to school times is you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day and at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with preschoolers in Offaly, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Offaly
Soft Play Centres in Offaly
Stop by one of the play centres in Offaly, with dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy!
Here are some soft play places in Offaly:
- Playtown Tullamore in the Axis Business Park has soft play and runs Parent & Toddler S.T.E.A.M Activity Mornings With A Tea/Americano for Mum or Dad.
- Jumpin Jacks at Cosmic Bowl in Tullamore has a Toddler area for kids up to two years with a soft play two tier play area for 2-5 years.
- Tons of Fun in Edenderry has Busy Bees Mother and Toddler Mornings every Wednesday from 10am to 12 noon.
- Clown Around Play Centre in Portarlington has a large toddler play area.
You Might Also Enjoy Top 10 Things To Do In Offaly With Kids
Storytime in Offaly Libraries
The junior section of the Library is also a fun way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books. Your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Offaly With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Offaly
Go swimming! Some swimming pools in Offaly have dedicated times for Parent and Toddler swims and/or specific swimming areas for smaller children.
- Birr Leisure Centre has a separate Toddlers Pool. They have Baby and Me classes on Saturdays at 10am, and Toddler Swim classes take place Tuesdays & Thursdays at 4.15pm and Sundays at 10.15am.
- Aura Leisure in Tullamore has a Learner Pool and runs Swim Baby and Swim Tots on Mondays 10:45-11:15am
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Playgrounds in Offaly
Visit the playground! Here are playgrounds in Offaly. Several of the playgrounds in Offaly have dedicated sections for smaller children. Here are some of our favourites to go to:
- Kinnitty Playground has a multi play unit, a climbing frame, swings, slides and a see-saw.
- Lloyd Town Park, Tullamore caters for all ages and includes a spectacular water feature, grass terraces and pathways with a picnic area next to the playground.
- Edenderry playground at Granary Court offers smallies lots of fun with swings, seesaws and a multi play unit. There’s plenty of seating in the playground for mums and dads.
- Daingean playground offers fun equipment including play panels, swings, slides and a rope bridge.
You May Also Enjoy – The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups throughout Offaly that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a lovely way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents.
Attractions in Offaly
If you have a free day mid week a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some places to visit in Offaly with preschoolers:
- Birr Castle Demesne is an experience of discovery for the whole family – home to extensive gardens and parkland, as well as the Historic Science Centre and the great telescope of the 1840s.
Kids will adore Ireland’s largest tree house, and the play area, picnic areas, sandpits – in fact you may find it hard to pry them away! There is also a lovely cafe on site.
- Lough Boora Discovery Park is a lovely place to walk and explore and take a picnic. Smaller kids will enjoy the picnic and play areas and a fairy trail which are all accessible for buggies and wheelchair users.
- Take a walk in Charleville Castle grounds on Birr Road outside Tullamore.
Events for Preschoolers in Offaly
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in the city’s galleries, museums, parks and more.
You May Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Go For A Walk
There are many lovely places for a walk throughout Offaly – perfect for preschoolers to run, collect leaves, stones, etc. and play hide and seek.
You might also enjoy reading our ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.