Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Sligo
Soft Play Centres in Sligo
Visit one of the play centres in Sligo, with dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy!
- Happy Days in Cleveragh Business Park has a separate baby & toddler play area. They run Parent & Toddler Mornings on Thursdays & Fridays 11am–2pm.
- Five Star Fun Activity Play Centre located in the centre of Grange, Co Sligo has a separate Toddler Area.
- Funny Bones at Toberbride Business Park (just outside Sligo Town) has soft play and they have Toddler Mornings Tuesday to Friday, 10.30 to 2.00 (except during school holidays)
Storytime in Sligo Libraries
Visit one of the many great libraries around Sligo. Sligo Central Library runs a weekly Toddle Time at the Library at 10am every Wednesday with stories, songs and rhymes. And other library branches run parent and toddler story time session.
The junior section of the Library is a great way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books, also your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow. Check out your local library to see upcoming events and news.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Sligo With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Sligo
Go swimming! There are many swimming pools across Sligo that have dedicated times for Parent and Toddler swims and/or specific swimming areas for smaller children. Sligo Sports Complex has a heated children’s pool and they offer swimming lessons for ages 4 up while Water Babies run baby swim classes in Sligo.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a great way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents! Weekend groups are also becoming more popular for parents who work full time.
Playgrounds in Sligo
Visit the playground! Here are playgrounds in Sligo. Several of the playgrounds in Sligo have been revamped in recent years and the majority of them now have dedicated sections for smaller children.
You Might Also Enjoy The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Attractions in Sligo
If you have a free day mid week then a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some of the places to visit:
- The Model is a bright open airy space, very welcoming to children. They run frequent workshops and programmes for all ages. They also show family films and have activity sheets to help younger visitors get the most from their visit.
- Waterpoint Aqua Park in Enniscrone is a good spot to visit. Facilities include an indoor heated pool, with a separate baby and toddler pool.
- Gillighan’s World has botanical gardens, “faeries” in miniature models villages and “enchanted” glades. There’s also a wildlife pond and aquatic cove, plus a Pet Village.
The beach isn’t just for summer time! And in Sligo we are spoiled for choice when it comes to amazing beaches. Enniscrone has 5km of sandy beach while Mullaghmore Beach is another stunning beach in North County Sligo (25km from Sligo town via the N15 and beside the town of Mullaghmore).
You Might Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Events for Preschoolers in Sligo
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in the Sligo area. The Hawkswell also puts on plays on for children which would suit preschoolers.
You might also enjoy reading some ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.