Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
The cool thing about having a toddler and not being tied to school times is you have a bit more flexibility to visit places during the day at less busy times. If you’re looking for ideas for things to do with preschoolers in Wexford, we’ve got a few suggestions for you:
Things To Do With Preschoolers In Wexford
Soft Play Centres in Wexford
Visit one of the play centres in Wexford, with dedicated soft play areas for preschoolers, this is a great way to spend a couple of hours and burn off some energy! Several play centres have off peak rates in the morning time.
- Playzone offers soft play from age 0+. They also have a Parent and Toddler meeting Monday to Friday from 10am – 12 noon, during school term.
- Leisure Max, located just outside Wexford Town has a soft play area.
- New Ross Adventure Play Barn has a baby and toddler play area and Parent & Toddler Mornings are held every Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings.
Storytime in Wexford Libraries
Visit one of the many great libraries around Wexford. Gorely Library runs a weekly toddler story time Tuesdays 11am with stories followed by an art & craft session. Ross Library has Baby and Toddler Storytime every Thursday at 10:30am and other library branches run parent and toddler story time sessions too. Check out your local library to see upcoming events and news.
The junior section of the Library is a great way to spend an hour or two reading and choosing books, also your preschooler can join the library and choose their own books to borrow.
You Might Also Enjoy Free Things To Do In Wexford With Kids
Parent Toddler Swimming in Wexford
Go swimming! There are many swimming pools across Wexford that have dedicated times for Parent and Toddler swims and/or specific swimming areas for smaller children.
Music and Other Fun Classes
Sign up for a class. Music, movement, dance, drama, play labs, swimming or football! Check out preschool classes, it’s a great way to meet people and make friends too.
Parent and Toddler Groups
Join a local Parent and Toddler Group. There are many local groups that meet weekly. Parent and Toddler groups are a great way for young children to mix with children their own age and for parents to meet other local parents! Weekend groups are also becoming more popular for parents who work full time.
Playgrounds in Wexford
Visit the playground! Here are playgrounds in Wexford. One of our favourites is at Kilmore Quay, the playground overlooks Saltee Islands and we also enjoy taking a walk down the pier and watching the seals feeding afterwards.
You Might Also Enjoy The Best Playgrounds In Ireland Recommended by Parents
Attractions in Wexford
If you have a free day mid week then a big advantage with getting out and about with preschoolers is that you can visit places at “off peak” times when older children are at school and popular places aren’t as busy!
Some places to visit in Wexford with preschoolers:
- Johnstown Castle is a fab place to take preschoolers. Have a fun family stroll through the beautiful gardens taking in the walled garden, gothic towers, lakes, statues, wildlife, plants and trees. Then enjoy their woodland children’s play area beside the lower lake walk.
- Secret Valley Wildlife Park has everything from creepy crawlies to pony rides with plenty of hands on activities. Enjoy seeing their animals including meerkats, monkeys, lemurs, rabbits, goats, donkeys and more.
- The John F. Kennedy Arboretum in New Ross is a fabulous place to take preschoolers. It has lovely walks, big huge trees, you can feed the ducks by the pond and watch the fish dart about. There’s also a miniature railway. The playground has plenty of picnic tables, a cafe, a small maze, a great slide and a house grown out of hedging.
- Kia Ora Mini Farm is a family run open farm in Gorey offering a safe place for children to roam and learn about the animals and for adults to relax. As well as the animals there are lots of fun activities to do on the farm.
Anywhere along the coast in Wexford we have fantastic beaches. Long sandy beaches are great in winter and summer. Stony beaches are ideal for rock pooling and crabbing. Pick a different one to explore. Buckets and spades are optional but make sure you have some pocket room for shells and stones.
- Curracloe Beach (pictured above) is one of the most popular beaches in Ireland. It always has some great gusts for kites.
- Courtown Beach in Gorey is a long stretch of sandy beaches, all great for swimming. Lifeguards are on duty during the summer months.
- Rosslare Strand is a lovely sandy beach and has a Blue Flag. There is parking and lifeguards during the bathing season.
- Duncannon Beach is a designated bathing area with parking, public toilets and beautiful views.
You Might Also Enjoy Our Pick of What’s On This Month
Events for Preschoolers in Wexford
Keep an eye on our events pages as there are regular workshops and events for younger children in Wexford.
You might also enjoy reading some ideas for entertaining preschoolers at home.
If you have other suggestions for fun things to do with preschoolers in Wexford, we would love to hear from you in the comments box below.