To launch their new and creative LEGO DOTS range, LEGO teamed up with designer Camille Walala and, with the help of 180 kids and many adults, they created this AMAZING House of Dots to launch LEGO DOTS:
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
For the launch, LEGO collaborated with French designer Camille Walala to create an actual five-room house, decorated with dots, and perhaps not surprisingly, named the ‘House of Dots’.
The decor in this interactive house made of eight shipping containers had been customised. The five rooms were decorated in dots, everything from the floors to walls, from furniture, rugs and frames!
Perhaps not the most restful decor ever but it certainly shows off the DOTS to great effect!
You May Also Enjoy 50+ Free LEGO Instructions: Learn How To Be A Master Builder!
What is LEGO DOTS?
LEGO DOTS is all about creating, designing and decorating. It’s a 2D tile-based play concept that offers children a creative canvas for self-expression. Based on multiple shapes and colourful tiles, it is supported by an exciting portfolio that ranges from wearables to room décor with surfaces designed for individual customisation and self-expression.
To excite young creatives even more, over thirty mood tiles are also being introduced, including facial expressions, music note, cosmic planet, star night, paw prints and a rainbow pooh – and many more.
There are no rules with these sets, just blank canvases, colorful tiles and a child’s imagination. Arts and crafts lovers can dive in and create something new on the go, then re-design it any time.
You May Also Enjoy Download Your FREE LEGO Game to Play
What’s In the LEGO DOTS range?
- Rainbow Bracelet (RRP from £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.99)
- Funky Animals Bracelet (RRP from £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.99)
- Dark Unicorn Bracelet (RRP from £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.99)
- Cosmic Bracelet (RRP from £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.99)
- Tropical Birds Bracelet (RRP from £4.99 / $4.99 / €5.99)
- Photo Cubes – 3 animal cubes for picture displays (RRP from £12.99 / $14.99 / €14.99)
- Jewellery Stand for e.g. rings, necklaces, bracelets (RRP from £12.99 / $14.99 / €14.99)
- Pineapple Pencil Holder (RRP from £17.99 / $19.99 / €19.99)
- Booster Bags – bags with raw coloured and decorated tiles (RRP from £3.99 / $3.99/ €3.99)
You can buy LEGO DOTS from toy retailers or online at Amazon.co.uk (if you buy through our links we make a small commission).
You May Also Enjoy Your Child Will Love These Amazing Locations For LEGO Play
Will your child enjoy getting creative with LEGO DOTS? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!