Irish college is a rite of passage for students in Ireland with most attending at least one year of Coláiste Gaeilge during their secondary school education to improve and learn Irish. Follow in the footsteps of W.B. Yeats, Pádraig Pearse, Lady Gregory and Eamon De Valera with a summer course to learn Irish with native speakers at Coláiste Gaeilge Inis Meáin, a new Irish college offering a unique island learning experience, just off the coast of Galway & Clare.
What is it?
Coláiste Gaeilge Inis Meáin is an Irish college for kids and adults on the beautiful, serene island of Inis Meáin where Irish is still the daily language of the island.
The island is untouched by the intrusions of over-tourism and the students attending the college will be immersed in the Irish language for the duration of their trip.
Inis Meáin has a long history of Irish language teaching and has been described as a mecca for Irish-language learning with the likes of Pádraig Pearse, WB Yeats, Lady Gregory, Eoin McNeill, JM Synge, Douglas Hyde, Eamon De Valera, Eamon Ó Cuív, Hector Ó hEochagáin and many others, all coming here to improve their Irish.
Who is it for?
All students wishing to improve or learn Irish from and with native Irish speakers.
Summer Irish college courses run for U18’s on dates from June 3rd to July 28th 2018.
For adults, courses run on dates from June 15th to July 27th 2018.
Why is it different?
- Very competitive rates
- Total immersion in the Irish language
- Not for profit, no private gain, all proceeds go back into the regeneration of the island
- Small intimate classes
- Native-speaking, highly qualified staff
- A safe, crime-free haven, where students safety is ensured with almost no traffic and no pollution
- Backed and recognised by the Department of Gaeltacht
Tell us in 5 words why you should attend?
Learn Irish with native speakers!
How do I book?
For bookings and further information contact Ciarán Ó Ceallaigh on:
- Fón/Phone: +353 (0)87 4030478
- Seoladh/Address: Inis Meáin, Oileáin Árann, Co. na Gaillimhe.
- Rphost/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cuairt/Visit: Coláiste Gaeilge Inis Meáin