It was a rainy and overcast day, so we decided to make some Chocolate Rice Krispie Buns. You’ll be amazed at how easy the recipe is, the kids had a ball making (and eating) them!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers.
PS Did we mention it’s free?
- Puffed Rice Cereal (or any other breakfast cereal) – we measured by eye!
- Milk Chocolate (about 200g)
- For decorations you can use Chocolate Sprinkles, Hundreds & Thousands, Mini Marshmallows or anything else you fancy!!
- Melt the chocolate. We heated water in a saucepan, then placed a bowl over the simmering water. Break up the chocolate and place in the bowl until it melts. Remove from the heat.
- Add the melted chocolate to the Rice Krispie cereal. Use a large bowl and stir gently so you don’t crush the cereal. We just kept adding more cereal until all the chocolate was used up and all the cereal was coated.
- Scoop the mixture into cupcake cases, and then you’re ready to decorate!
- Put in the fridge until set – then enjoy.
Here are our various creations:
You might also enjoy reading Krispie Chewies with Mini Marshmallows
Over to you now. Have you got any tips for making Chocolate Rice Krispie Buns? Tell us in the comments below.