#6. FrOaty Pancakes
Makes 8 small or 4 large pancakes
Prep time 7-8 mins; Cooking approx. 4 mins per pancake
- 100g Self-Raising flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 50g Oat Bran
- 50g Flahavan’s Quick Oats
- 20g brown sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml low fat milk or almond milk
- 1/2 punnet of Keelings raspberries
- 1/2 punnet of Keelings strawberries
- Melt butter in a pan over a low heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix self-raising flour, oats, ground almond, oat bran and sugar.
- Blitz the berries with milk until fully blended then mix in cooled butter
- Make a well in the flour and oat mix and crack in 2 eggs. Immediately add in half the blended milk and mix well.
- Slowly add in the remaining blended milk while whisking continually.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat then add a ladle of pancake batter.
- Cook until the top of the pancake begins to bubble then flip over and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with honey, Greek yoghurt and more fresh berries.
#7. Berry Oaty Muffins
- 200g of natural Greek yogurt
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 125g Keelings blueberries
- 1 egg
- 200g of Flahavan’s Progress Oats
- 3 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180”C.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then add in the eggs, mashed banana and yogurt.
- Place the mixture into a food processor and blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour mixture into muffin holders and fill to about 3/4 full. You should make about 12 muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool and serve.
#8. Pink Autumn Oatmeal
Serves family of 4
Preparation time: 3 minutes
- 100g of Flahavan’s oats
- 350ml of low fat milk
- 180g of natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of almond flakes
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 200g Keelings raspberries
- Add the oats, milk, yoghurt, flaked almonds and honey into a bowl and combine well.
- Add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout.
- Divide mixture into old jam jars or individual containers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Eat chilled.
#9. Raspberry and Oat Ice Cream
Makes 6-8 servings
- 125g of Keelings raspberries mashed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 200ml milk
- 40g Flahavan’s Progress Oats
- 200g greek yogurt
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the egg yolks until thickened and pale yellow. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the oats. Reduce the heat and return the milk to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring until the oatmeal is thick and creamy texture.
- Stir the oatmeal into the egg and sugar mix and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the yogurt and raspberries.
- Place the mix into a container and freeze.
#10. Oaty Egg Muffins
Serves family of 4
Preparation time 10 mins
- 6 eggs
- 80g of Flahavan’s Progress Oats
- 70-100 mls of milk
- 5g butter
- Optional – Handful of Keelings mixed berries or baby spinach leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Mix the egg, oats and milk together.
- Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with the butter and evenly divide the egg mixture between the muffin holes.
- Top with spinach or berries if using.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until the muffins are puffed up and set. These can be served warm or cold.
To encourage the Share a Breakfast Moment Flahavan’s and Keelings are offering a 50c discount coupon on each-others brands in retail stores nationwide. Consumers who purchase Keelings products (specifically berries – Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries) during the month of October will get 50c coupon off the purchase of a Flahavan’s product and vice versa.
Those looking to find out more can check out www.breakfastmoments.ie for information, nutritious recipes and time saving tips and tricks.
Over to you now. Do you have a favourite oaty recipe your kids love? Share it with us in the comments below.