Looking for an easy fish recipe for the family? Try this recipe for baked cod with a herb crust which is easy to prepare and quick to bake – plus, it’s delicious!
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Including more fish in our diet is a healthy choice to make, and of course we want it to be as tasty and delicious as possible. Baking the fish is also healthier than frying and the herb crust gives it plenty of flavour.
This baked cod is nice and quick to pull together, meaning it can work well for midweek meals too. Any firm white fish can be substituted for the cod.
You May Also Enjoy Homemade Fish Goujons with Sweet Potato Wedges
Baked Cod With Herb Crust Recipe
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Zest of one lemon
- A pinch of salt and a twist of pepper
- 60g/2 ½ oz breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 210ºC (fan oven)
- Combine all the herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs in a bowl; add the olive oil and mix.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, dry the fish with some kitchen paper and lay it on the baking sheet.
- Gather small handfuls of the breadcrumb mixture and spread it over the top of the fillets.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes and serve with extra lemon for squeezing.
You May Also Enjoy 7 Quick Fish Recipes Ready in Under 30 Minutes Perfect for Family Dinners
Have you tried this recipe for baked cod? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!