Have you been looking for a healthy bars recipe? This is my recipe for Fruit & Nut Cocoa Discs, which is one from my Tasty Tips for Kids Cooking Class. They make for a healthy, nutritious, dairy-free snack that kids will also enjoy helping to make, especially when you give them different shapes to cut out!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Will You Make Healthy Bars, Squares or Discs?
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried raisins or cranberries
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup barley malt or rice syrup
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Warm the syrup in a small saucepan.
- Stir syrup into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a cutting board. With wet hands press down into a square and allow to set in the fridge.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut into circles or shapes of your choosing.
- Store in a glass container.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also enjoy my MACROVegan Desserts Cooklets, my specially designed set of delicious guilt-free dessert recipes!
Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it? Not me. Welcome to the world of MACROVegan guilt free desserts! All the recipes you will find in this MACROVegan Desserts Cooklet have passed the test with discerning dessert aficionados. Most people are seekers of sugar. The ‘sweet’ taste receptor is right there on the tip of the tongue and cries out for satisfaction. I want to show you how to satisfy this craving with healthy treats.
These desserts use only natural organic ingredients and have great nutritional value. Some of the recipes are for every day enjoyment, such as the applesauce, the kanten or a few nuggets, others are for special occasions. The day to day recipes are doable even on a low budget.
Have your say! Have you tried these Fruit & Oat Cocoa Discs? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!