If you are looking for a quick easy dinner idea for the family then these Prawn Tortillas with Chilli & Lime are perfect. Even if they aren’t super keen on fish, most kids like prawns and messy-to-eat dinners are always a big hit too!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Whenever we cook Mexican dishes at home, they are always a hit with my kids. The flavours are easy to rustle up with a few store cupboard ingredients. You can have it on the table in 20 minutes, really!
And you can also keep some frozen prawns and sweetcorn in your freezer and a tin of kidney beans in your pantry so you can make this recipe up any time.
Sometimes we just set out the makings on the table and let everyone help themselves, which means they can tailor to their tastes too.
Don’t Be Stuck For Ideas!
Download our FREE 14-day Dinner Plan! and try some of our favourite family meals.
Prawn Tortillas With Chilli & Lime Recipe
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 2 x 180g packet frozen Jumbo Prawns (defrosted)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g red kidney beans
- 160g sweetcorn (canned or defrosted from frozen)
- 1 avocado
- Sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- Finely chop the onion and chilli.
- Heat the oil and then cook the red onion, garlic and half the chilli for 5 minutes. Add the prawns and when they are pink add the kidney beans and sweetcorn. Warm everything through.
- In the meantime, griddle the tortilla wraps and mix the sour cream with the lime juice and the other half of the chilli.
- Slice the avocado and distribute between the wraps then cover with the prawns, sweetcorn and beans mix.
- Serve hot with the sour cream on the side.
With thanks to Aldi for this recipe, check out more recipes on their website.
You May Also Enjoy These Easy Chicken Fajitas Are Packed With Flavour!
Have you tried this recipe for prawn tortillas? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!