Have you ever tried making homemade sausages? They are easier than you would think and quite quick to make. These homemade sausages taste delicious and only take a few minutes to prepare. Perfect for picnics, parties or the BBQ!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
Most children love sausages, as do adults, however often we can be concerned about the ingredients used in commercial sausages. Apart from the obviously high fat content, they are not always high in pork and they usually contain high volumes of salt.
Try my recipe for homemade sausages, my two love them! The good news is you don’t need sausage skins, just shape your sausage mix into sausages before frying.
You May Also Enjoy Jumbo Sausage Roll with Spicy Beans
Recipe for Homemade Sausages
This recipe makes 16 sausages.
- 1 lb pork mince
- 2-4 teaspoons mixed fresh herbs
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ oz soft white breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- A little oil for frying
- Place all the ingredients above, except the oil, into a large bowl and mix really well with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture into 16 pieces and roll each piece into a sausage shape.
- Heat some oil in your frying pan and cook until golden on all sides.
- If using for picnics, just drain them on some kitchen roll, cool then pop into a tub to take along.
- I usually cook them in advance if doing a bbq, and then just warm them on some tin foil on top of the grill.
Recipe provided by Judy Kavanagh, mum of 2
You May Also Enjoy 9 Sizzling Sausage Recipes the Whole Family will Enjoy
Have you ever made homemade sausages? Tell us how you got on in the comments below.