Springtime is when you will often find swathes of wild garlic in forests and woods. They have long shiny vivid green leaves with white starlike flowers. Just rub the leaves gently and you will smell the garlic smell. We had fun picking the leaves (remember to take a bag with you) and we made this Wild Garlic Soup recipe which was really delicious.
We took the wild garlic we had picked home and made soup. It’s a very easy recipe. The spinach and potatoes make a softer flavour for the soup.
- 1 onion
- A few potatoes
- Chicken or vegetable stock, about 1/2 pint
- Bunch of wild garlic leaves
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- Cream or milk
- Feta cheese optional
- Chop the onion and potatoes.
- Fry onion gently in some olive oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Add potatoes, garlic and spinach leaves, stir until the leaves are wilted then add stock.
- Bring to the boil then simmer and blend.
- Add some cream or milk to make a smoother texture.
- You can also crumble a bit of feta cheese on the top before serving.
Over to you now. Have you tried making a wild garlic soup recipe? Tell us in the comments below.