The list below is varied, and is certainly not an exhaustive list to bombard your child with from start to finish each and every day. But they are good conversation-starters and having them up your sleeve on those non-responsive days is a great idea.
1. What was your favourite thing you did today?
2. Who did you play with at break time?
3. What games do most kids play at break time?
4. Did you find anything difficult today?
5. What questions did you ask today?
6. Who did you sit next to for lunch?
7. What did your friends have in their lunchbox today? (Great for getting some new lunchbox ideas!)
8. If you could swap lunches with anyone in your class, who would it be?
9. What made you smile today?
10. What made your teacher smile today?
11. What did you learn today that you didn’t know before?
12. What was your least favourite part of the day?
13. What is your teacher’s most important rule?
14. What rule was hard to follow today?
15. What challenged you today?