Check care labels before you buy your school uniform. Things to look our for include:
- Crease resistant materials
- Non or easy iron shirts, tops and bottoms
- Items suitable for washing at a lower temperature
- Stay fresh technology to keep items fresh between washes
- Permanent pleats built into skirts and pinafores
- Anti bobble jumpers and cardigans
Having easy care items is essential to make life that little bit better when it comes to caring for school uniforms. I know for me, it is important that my kids uniforms look good wash after wash and that ironing is kept to the minimum!
While you don’t want your child looking like they are wearing their older siblings school uniform, it is good to allow for some growth.
Look out for school skirts, pinafores and trousers that have extra material built into the hems so that can be taken down as your child grows.
Adjustable waists and cuffs are also great, as they allow for growth and comfort from the beginning of the school year right through to the end.